To most of us, our hair is a fundamental expression of our uniqueness and when our hair is looking its best; we can’t help but feel good too. Believe it or not as basic as hair care is to do, there are right and wrong ways to do it. Many times it is not even the products that you use at home, but how they are being used. Hair is probably one of the first things you notice about people when meeting them for the first time. This is especially true for women.
Also, good care of your hair plays an important part in having healthy hair and helps avoid extensive damage that can lead to hair loss. Regular washing with shampoos and conditioners is not enough. To have healthy, strong hair, you need to know how to care for it more than just on wash day(s).
1. Use Appropriate Shampoo
It is important to use a shampoo that is designed for your hair type. If you, however, suffer from hair loss, it is best to use baby shampoos since they do not contain strong chemicals that can harm your scalp or hair.
2. Be Gentle
Excessive brushing, combing, and playing in your hair can damage your hair. Use an appropriate hairbrush, tangle teaser, or a comb, and never brush your hair while wet. This is when it is most vulnerable and prone to breaking.
3. You Are What You Eat
A healthy diet is an important factor for healthy hair. To have stronger hair, consume eggs, milk, and dairy products, fish, nuts, carrots, dark-leaf vegetables, legumes, and grains. Also, make sure you intake minerals and vitamins. Lack of certain vitamins, such as iron contributes to damaged hair and can even lead to hair loss. Moreover, avoid extreme and harsh diets since they contribute to hair deterioration.
4. Be Happy
Reduce stress. Stress is one of the main culprits that cause hair loss in women. Your mental being is of utmost importance for overall physical health. Thus, be happy.
5. Nourish Your Scalp
If possible, use hair treatments at least once a week. And there is no need for fancy in-salon treatments that will cost you a fortune. You can make many of them on your own with a few ingredients you most likely already have in your kitchen. Have healthy, strong, and beautiful hair at a down-to-earth price.
Good Hair Care Routine
When caring for your hair the right way, it will take no longer than the time you took when doing it the wrong thing. Proper hair care only takes knowledge beyond beauty hair care to maintain healthy and beautiful hair.
- Washing your hair with hot water is harmful because it removes all the oiliness of the scalp. This oiliness is that fat that the hair generates naturally, which works as protection and if it were removed our hair will end up looking unhealthy. This is why it’s ideal to wash the hair with warm water.
- If you like to wash your hair daily, try to take a soft shampoo so that it does not dry your hair so much.
- Try to change shampoo regularly, so your hair does not get used to it. The hair develops some resistance to the formula, thereby not getting the desired results.
- Every 15 days or once a month, use a purifying/clarifying cleansing shampoo that thoroughly removes the residues left by products. These impurities accumulate in the hair fiber and make your hair lose its shine and stop absorbing the hydration and nutrition you need.
- To enrich your conditioner and enhance its effect, you can add honey, or a few drops of olive oil, almonds, jojoba or coconut and you will notice how your hair softens more with each wash.
- Do not rub your hair when drying it. This damages your hair, and you will only be able to get the tips open. Better still; wrap your hair in the towel so that it absorbs moisture.
- During winter, the action of the cold, mainly of the wind, directly affects your hair. Therefore, you should avoid leaving the house with wet hair. You can use the dryer to remove the moisture.
- Before applying the dryer, use a heat protective cream/spray to protect it and do not bring the hot air too close to your hair, try to maintain a distance. Finish the drying with cool air to close the cuticle of your hair, in this way the tips will be more protected.
Our hair needs to be taken care of to keep it healthy, avoid deterioration, split ends, the pulls with the brush, and different problems that we can get due to the passage of time and various external factors. For this, it is necessary to imbibe beyond the beauty hair care to avoid possible dangers that lie in wait for your scalp.