Whether it’s taking fruit to work, being polite to rude strangers, or taking up skinny-dipping, here’s a list of ways to make life better, with little effort involved …
1. On The Fence About a Purchase? Wait 72 hours Before You Buy It.
2. Everyone Has an Emotional Blind Spot When They Fight. Work Out What Yours Is, and Remember it.
3. Sharpen Your Knives.
4. Keep Your Children’s Drawings and Paintings. Put the Best Ones in Frames.
5. Set Aside 10 minutes a Day to Do Something You Really Enjoy – Be it Reading a Book or Playing Halo.
6. Laugh Shamelessly At Your Own Jokes.
7. Set Time Limits for Your apps. Just Go to the Settings on Your Smartphone and Add a Limit – for Example, if you have an iPhone Turn on Screen Time.
8. If Possible, Take the Stairs.
9. Be polite to Rude Strangers – it’s Oddly Thrilling.
10. Go for a Walk Without Your Phone.
11. Stretch in the Morning. And Maybe in the Evening.
12. Buy a Plant. Think You’ll Kill it? Buy a Fake One.
13. Try Taking a Cold Shower (30 seconds to two minutes) Before your Hot one. It’s good for your Health – Both Physical and Mental.
14. Buy Secondhand.
15. Call an Old Friend Out of the Blue.
16. Drop Your Shoulders.
17. Instead of Buying a Morning Coffee, Use it to Treat Yourself to Something Different Later.
19. Cook Something You’ve Never Attempted Before.
20. Learn How to Breathe Deeply: In Through the Nose, Out Through the Mouth, Making the Exhale Longer Than the Inhale.
21. Buy a Bike and Use it. Learn How to Fix it, too.
22. Give Compliments Widely and Freely.
24. For Instant Cheer, Wear Yellow.
25. Listen to the Albums you Loved as a Teenager.
Article Credit: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/jan/01/marginal-gains-100-ways-to-improve-your-life-without-really-trying?utm_source=pocket_discover