Silver’s medicinal use can be seen as far back as silver vessels to keep liquids fresh, or storing wine; to even putting silver dollars in milk to keep it from spoiling. Silver leaf was also put into wounds to fight off infections. Long before the advent of pharmaceuticals, silver was used as a germicide, antibiotic and natural preservative.
Have you ever seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding? Remember the Dad’s love of Windex? He uses it for EVERYTHING. Meet my Windex, Colloidal Silver. This week we’re talking about all the amazing benefits of Colloidal Silver. Did you know it has tons of other uses? Let’s first talk about what the heck it actually is.
Colloidal Silver is a mineral solution of silver particles suspended in distilled water or a polymer.
Today, silver is used in 70% of burn centers in America to heal burns and kill invasive burn bacteria, permitting wounds to heal. It’s used as a chlorine alternative to sanitize pools. The Swiss use silver filters in their homes and work places. It’s even used on airplanes to prevent the growth of algae and bacteria.
How to use Colloidal Silver at home
As mentioned before, colloidal silver can be suspended in distilled water or a polymer. This allows us to use it in a few different ways. I love the polymer, gel form, for topical use. It’s more soothing than aloe and less dehydrating. The liquid form can be taken internally, misted or pressed onto the skin.
Benefits and uses:
- Natural anti-biotic and anti-fungal
- Fights inflammation, both in and on the body
- When infused in a nebulizer, it can be used to treat Bronchitis and Pneumonia
- Treats sore throats – I can attest to its effectiveness
- Can be dropped in the ear to soothe ear aches
- Used as an eye flush, it’s great for treating eye infections and stys
- Heals cuts and burns – great for post sun exposure
- Treats acne – heals open lesions and reduces both inflammation and bacteria
- Treats Psoriasis
- When taken internally, it promotes digestion and helps to minimize overgrowth of bacteria in the gut
- Due to silver’s conductivity, it’s great natural conductor for micro current!
- Can be used as a natural hand sanitizer
- Mist it all over you when flying for extra protection from that recycled air
I think the spray is a great way to try out silver if you haven’t before. You can easily mist anywhere needing a little healing and it makes for a great toner/treatment for inflamed skin!